Sunday 10 June 2012

Giving it a try

So since I stopped updating my previous caring bridges site I have finally realised I miss it. So I thought I would make a blog and give it a whirl. I didn't want to use my Caring Bridges blog anymore because I'm not fighting an illness - I'm living as a survivor.

So as you can imagine life has been life since I last logged off. I am enjoying my last 8 weeks with my breasts before they will be gone forever and never again be allowed to have the chance to try to kill me (woo hoo!). It's a bitter sweet countdown. I'm nervous how I will feel when I wake up with nothing there but I'm excited that I can take control of a mutation and make the decision that it will not get me again!

I have been involved with a lot of fund raising organisations and am super excited about whats to come!
I did an interview with the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation for a summer appeal for donations and in a couple weeks will do a photo shoot for a calender called the pink ribbon pin-ups! I haven't done a real photo shoot before but I think it will be really fun! It should be realised at the Survivor Parade at Banker's Hall in September...I will keep you in the loop!

For anyone that hasn't heard Kali and I have been transferred from the Foothills Hospital to the Children's Hospital. I am really excited - I think she will enjoy it a lot (and obviously so will I). So tomorrow I am going for my orientation at the hospital and then after a few more steps we can start visiting.

Anyways I'm signing off - time to go rest after a 12k walk with Mom today. Even though I am more than 6 months out of chemo and 4 months from radiation I still need my sleep. Recovery is a long process. Cross fingers for sunny weather this week and less rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment